Minimus/Tetrathlon swimming training has commenced in the National Aquatic Centre on Friday evenings 8-9pm .
Running training will start end of February and cross country riding will also start mid February. For more details contact Sara Jane 083 8455530 or Caroline 085 1221271. Below is a list of fun minimus competition days.
Fun Minimus /Training events
Kildare (Clane) April 22nd
Wicklow (Shillelagh) April 29th
Meath (Kells) May 7th (No XC)
Warrington May 20th
Laois (Stradbally) May 27th
Golden Vale June Bank Holiday
South Union PC TBC
Rule Changes ( As per IPC meeting January 2018)
- 70 penalties for option to remain same
- For refusals: 1st = 60; 2nd =90 (v 60 previously); 3rd = 100 (v 80 previously)
- No interclub teams at junior level for Tetrathlon ( onus on club to recruit third team mate)
- For minimus recommended to have competed in at least 2 training competitions from list above (may incl. 2017 Championship)
- Drop down stirrups allowed for Minimus & Tetrathlon.
- Tail gating at gate and slip rail currently not allowed, but will be actively enforced with additional stewards on these obstacles
- Senior Tetrathlon team may have one member between 21 to 23
- HC will no longer be allowed for Minimus competition
There will be new “National Triathlon Competition”
No Age limit
80 cm XC Championship level course/ 2 minute swim /1 km run
Run by branch with assistance of IPC tetrathlon committee – possibly Laois Fun Minimus Day TBC